Thursday, February 10, 2011

The year of the Cold!


So this year there has been quite a lot of illness going around. My children have gotten bit by the bug twice and this last time was a doozie for Mr. King he was under the weather for about five days with a fever which means for the past five days I have been doing every thing one handed (including showering) because he cant barer to be out of my arms. When it comes to sickness in this house we try to live medicine free. I have a few friends and family members that think I am crazy and think that this is torture for my children, but I believe our bodies if given the proper nutrients can heal themselves so I choose to avoid the over prescribing doctors and opt for a natural way. Here's what I've learned as soon as you or your children are starting to get sick get adjusted. A lot of our bodies immune defense is in our neck and when our atlas is out of place our body cannot fight off a virus to its full strength. Second we start powering Congaplex it is a vitamin from Standard Process they make kids chewable also, but my kids wont eat them so I put the powder out of the vitamin into there drink/apple sauce 1 cap 3x a day. Next I add a probiotic I use iFlora multi-probiotic for kids its in a powder form and I use 1/2 tsp 2x a day when they are sick also in a drink/apple sauce. A probiotic should be taken daily especially if you're not having raw milk or raw milk products since the pasteurization process kills all good bacteria. And then if there is a fever involved Calcium Lactate this is kinda ah-mah-zing it helps repair the cells and put calcium back in your body which is what you are losing when you get a fever. No need for tylenol just a 500mg every hour until the fever is gone. Obviously avoid sugar when feeling sick, stay hydrated and stay rested!

1 comment:

kiks said...

well i could have used all these helpful tips for the past 3 months. i swear that one of us has been sick since Thanksgiving! I have had a disgusting cough for 2 freaking months now. what the efff???